Glen Oak Dog and Cat Hospital is proud to be a local veterinary resource for the Village of Des Plaines. Conveniently located only a few miles from our Glenview location. The Village of Des Plaines is home to and outstanding selection of parks and is an ideal location for dogs to find ample outdoor space. We pride ourselves on being one of the Northshore’s premiere veterinary clinics. We are proud to offer not only traditional veterinary services, but also an extensive knowledge in Holistic Veterinary Care. Our program is founded on the principals of not only treating animal health issues, but working to prevent them from occurring in the first place.
We have been an AAHA accredited hospital for over thirty years. Our hospital and staff are highly regulated in order to achieve the most effective and up-to-date care for your pets and companion animals.
Our veterinarians provide personal service, and utilize the latest in animal care treatments. Our doctors and staff strive to give the best care possible to your pet.
Our office features two separate waiting rooms; one just for cats and one for dogs which creates a much less stressful environment. We also have two surgical suites and can perform multiple operations simultaneously. We also have an isolation kennel for patients with infectious or potentially infectious diseases.
Our doctors are all licensed by the state of Illinois, and are accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture, Animal Plant Health Inspection Service. Each doctor is certified to issue health certificates for animals to travel internationally
About Des Plaines
The City of Des Plaines is located near O’Hare InternationalAirport, about 18 miles northwest of downtown Chicago. It is a vibrant, diverse collection of residential, commercial, and industrial land uses, encompassing roughly 15 square miles of land area.
The Town of Des Plaines was incorporated in 1869 and the federal census of the following year shows that the village had grown to a population of 800. Des Plaines was reincorporated as a Village in 1873 and was officially organized in 1874 with the election of the first village board. Franklin Whitcomb, a local brick manufacturer, was the first village president.